Mold Remediation FAQs

Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page of Boise Mold Removal. We understand that dealing with mold can be a daunting task, and it’s common to have questions about the causes, risks, and remediation process. This page is dedicated to answering some of the most commonly asked questions about mold and mold remediation. Our certified specialists use state-of-the-art equipment and follow industry-standard procedures to provide you with a safe and healthy environment. We hope that our FAQ page can provide you with some helpful insights and answers to your questions. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation with our experts.


Molds are tiny microscopic organisms that digest organic matter and reproduce by releasing spores. Molds are a type of fungi and
there are over 100,000 species. In nature, mold helps decompose or break-down leaves, wood and other plant debris. Molds become
a problem when they go where they are not wanted and digest materials such as our homes

Mold enters your home as tiny spores. The spores need moisture to begin growing, digesting and destroying. Molds can grow on

almost any surface, such as wood, ceiling tiles, wallpaper, paints, carpet, sheet rock, and insulation. The mold grows best when there
is lots of moisture from a leaky roof, high humidity, or flood. There is no way to get rid of all molds and mold spores from your home.
But you can control mold growth by keeping your home dry.

When molds are disturbed, they release spores into the air. You can be exposed by breathing air containing these mold spores. You
can also be exposed through touching moldy items, eating moldy food or accidental hand to mouth contact.

Most molds do not harm healthy people. But people who have allergies or asthma may be more sensitive to molds. Sensitive people
may experience skin rash, running nose, eye irritation, cough, nasal congestion, aggravation of asthma or difficulty breathing. People
with an immune suppression or underlying lung disease, may be at increased risk for infections from molds. A small number of molds
produce toxins called mycotoxins. When people are exposed to high levels of mold mycotoxins they may suffer toxic effects, including
fatigue, nausea, headaches, and irritation to the lungs and eyes. If you or your family members have health problems that you suspect
are caused by exposure to mold, you should consult with your physician.

You know you have mold when you smell the “musty” odor or see small black or white specks along your damp bathroom or basement walls. Some mold is hidden growing behind wall coverings or ceiling tiles. Even dry, dead mold can cause health problems, so always take precautions when you suspect mold. Mold is often found in areas where water has damaged building materials and furniture from flooding or plumbing leaks. Mold can also be found growing along walls where warm moist air condenses on cooler wall surfaces, such as inside cold exterior walls, behind dressers, headboards, and in closets where articles are stored against walls.
Mold often grows in rooms with both high water usage and humidity, such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements. If you notice mold or know of water damaged areas in your home, it is time to take action to control its growth.

Yes you can. Dry out the house and fix any moisture problems in your home:

• Stop water leaks, repair leaky roofs and plumbing. Keep water away from concrete slabs and basement walls.

• Open windows and doors to increase air flow in your home, especially along the inside of exterior walls. Use a fan if there
are no windows available.

• Make sure that warm air flows into all areas of the home. Move large objects a few inches away from the inside of exterior
walls to increase air circulation.

• Install and use exhaust fans in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.

• Ventilate and insulate attic and crawl spaces. Use heavy plastic to cover earth floors in crawl spaces.

• Clean and dry water damaged carpets, clothing, bedding, and upholstered furniture within 24 to 48 hours, or consider removing and replacing damaged furnishings.

• Vacuum and clean your home regularly to remove mold spores.

• Check around your windows for signs of condensation and water droplets. Wipe them up right away so mold can’t start to

How To's

Warranties Provided on Work!

We add value to each customer!